Wednesday, February 25, 2009

2 Eggs with a Generous Side Order of Jesus.

I was eating breakfast in a tiny little out-of-the-way diner near the North Carolina-South Carolina border when I noticed the poem in the middle of my place mat.

(click to enlarge and read)

Now, I've always been a firm believer in the separation of church and state, but when you get such a profound message from a piece of paper designed to blot pig fat, it makes you really think. Then again, I'm a Jew. And I was eating bacon AND sausage as I read the poem, so I'm pretty much in the E-Z Pass lane to hell anyway. So, place mat people, stop preaching to me in a fucking diner. Keep your religious soap box out of my eggs over easy. The only "Lamb of God" I want to see in a diner is a kick-ass souvlaki.

No comments:

Post a Comment